Issue 64: A Spanish Network, New England and monthly stats
Here's your weekly review on what happened at the intersection of NFTs and Sports:
- 🇲🇽 Fox Deportes and Blockchain Creative Labs launch collection
- ⛓️️ Chain announces partnership with Kraft Sports + Entertainment
- 📊 Monthly stats of the top leagues' NFT platforms
Let's have a closer look! 👀
👋 Feel free to follow us on Instagram and Twitter for the latest news about all things NFT and Sports.
🇲🇽 Fox Deportes and Blockchain Creative Labs launch collection
"FOX Deportes, the first and longest-running Spanish-language sports channel in the U.S., is launching its first-ever NFT collection as part of its 25th anniversary and National Hispanic Heritage month celebration. The collection includes three NFTs designed by Los Angeles-based visual artist and Mexico City native Jiovanny Lopez Alvarez. The NFTs will be available for purchase at NFT.FOXDeportes.com starting on Tuesday, Oct. 4. The collections’ secondary market will be held on Rarible. That same day, an auction of ultra-rare NFTs from the collections will take place on OpenSea. The first collection is entitled Los Primeros (“We Are First”). It includes 250 limited-edition, one-of-one NFTs that will be randomly generated when minted celebrating the sports, fans and cities FOX Deportes has served since its launch."
⛓️️ Chain announces partnership with Kraft Sports + Entertainment
"Chain, the leading Web3 software solutions company and Kraft Sports + Entertainment are excited to announce a multi-year sponsorship agreement with the New England Patriots, New England Revolution, Gillette Stadium, and Patriot Place, naming Chain as their official blockchain and Web3 sponsor. As part of this newly formed partnership, Chain and Kraft Sports + Entertainment will also explore ways to develop state-of-the-art Web3 experiences, while utilizing Chain's award-winning suite of products and services."
"We are proud to partner with Kraft Sports + Entertainment to envision the future for Gillette Stadium, the New England Patriots and New England Revolution," said Deepak Thapliyal, Web3 Entrepeneur and CEO of Chain. "Our team is excited to help Kraft Sports + Entertainment build cutting edge experiences for stadium visitors utilizing Chain's proprietary blockchain technology."
📊 Monthly stats of the top leagues' NFT platforms
Here's our overview of last month's performance for the top leagues' NFT platforms.
- Total sales have been going down between 17% and 46% for NBA, Sorare, UFC and Candy Digital while their unique user numbers went down in a similar fashion.
- Contrary to the four companies just mentioned there's NFL All Day which saw a 100% increase in total sales while number of transactions skyrocketed by over 170%. An increase of over 40% in unique buyers is also a big step forward.
🤓 Wrapping it up
So what have we learned in this week's issue?
- A phase of stagnation? When we look at the recent announcements there's not too much room for excitement. We added both Fox Deportes and Kraft Group to this issue but they sound more like "nice to have" projects rather than something that will be remembered as a milestones in the sports NFT world. The bear market ain't over yet.
- NFT platforms keep struggling. After a promising month when it comes to the stats we now saw a fall back into old, rather sad territory. NFL All Day brings some hope, but the effect is clearly connected to the start of the new season. Let's hope it's not just a "one month wonder". To be continued...
And that's it for this weeks issue! And as always: Feel free to reach out for feedback and to discuss all things NFT and sports! To stay up to date: Make sure to follow us on Instagram and Twitter for stats, drop announcements.