Issue 60: WAGMI United, FC Barcelona and more
Here's your weekly review on what happened at the intersection of NFTs and Sports:
- 📰 Top 10 news in July
- 📊 Monthly stats of the top leagues' NFT platforms
Let's have a closer look! 👀
👋 Feel free to follow us on Instagram and Twitter for the latest news about all things NFT and Sports.
📰 Top 10 news in July
We are back from our little summer break and this is what the NFT sports world was up to during our absence:
- 🏈 NFL will offer free commemorative ticket NFTs at 100 games during 2022 season
- ⚾ National Baseball Hall of Fame partners with Candy Digital to celebrate inductees with NFTs
- 🏀 Steph Curry invites NFT holders to Eat. Learn. Play. event
- 🛹 Tony Hawk wants to build ‘the biggest skatepark in the metaverse’
- 🏏 Dream Sports signs 5-year deal with New Zealand Cricket for NFTs, gaming and merchandising
- ⚽ Sorare: Lega Serie A joins football game with NFT cards
- ⚽ PSG is selling NFTs tickets for 30 million yen
- ⚽ Sorare NFTs Surge After Signing PSG’s Kylian Mbappé
- ⚽ FC Barcelona To Accelerate Web3 Strategy As Socios.com Invests $100m In Barca Studios, also launches NFT masterpieces
- ⚽ Crawley Town’s new owners raise £3m after WAGMI United NFT launch and partnership with Adidas
📊 Monthly stats of the top leagues' NFT platforms
Here's an overview of the top leagues' NFT marketplace performances last month.
July has been an interesting month, as the marketplaces had quite different developments:
- Sorare is the big winner as sales surged after signing Kylian Mbappé as investor and ambassador (see top 10 news).
- NBA Top Shot and NFL All Day both increased sales (All Day even significantly), even though Top Shot had 30% less unique buyers than in the month before. Seems like a small pack of users went on a buying spree
- UFC Strike and Candy MLB both saw declining sales, with UFC Strike at least adding more unique users
Let's see how the numbers will develop now that leagues are slowly moving into the new seasons again.
And that's it for this weeks issue! And as always: Feel free to reach out for feedback and to discuss all things NFT and sports! To stay up to date: Make sure to follow us on Instagram and Twitter for stats, drop announcements.