Here's your weekly review on what happened at the intersection of NFTs and Sports:
- ⚽ GreenPark Sports and LaLiga release matchday NFT jerseys
- 🏈 DraftKings launches first NFT Fantasy Football Game "Reignmakers"
- 🏒 LA Kings and crypto.com release Playoff NFTs
Let's have a closer look! 👀
⚽ GreenPark Sports and LaLiga release matchday NFT jerseys
"GreenPark Sports, the immersive community platform for sports and esports fans, and LaLiga, the world-renowned Spanish football league, today announced an expansion of their multi-year licensing partnership to include in-game NFTs featuring a special NFT collection of Matchday Jerseys. Collectors will have the opportunity to purchase and collect NFT jerseys from all 20 LaLiga Clubs, which will feature equal prominence in future drops. In the coming weeks, GreenPark will launch an inaugural collection of Matchday jerseys, allowing fans to collect their favorite team and player jerseys from specific games to commemorate some of the greatest match-ups and performances. Fans will have the opportunity to purchase football lockers, inside which they will find a collection of player kits from that matchday. The first drop will be available on NFT.greenparksports.com and GreenPark will integrate the digital collectibles into its app later this year."
🏈 DraftKings launches first NFT Fantasy Football Game "Reignmakers"
"DraftKings is readying to launch Reignmakers Football, the gambling operator’s first NFT-based fantasy sports game. Player tokens for the NFLPA-licensed game will become available on the DraftKings Marketplace starting May 17. Reignmakers will host weekly fantasy contests throughout the upcoming NFL season, in which users will make lineups consisting of the players represented on their NFTs. Players will score points based on their real-life performance during NFL games. The player card NFTs will come in five tiers, with some fantasy contests exclusive to users who own specific token editions."
🏒 LA Kings and crypto.com release Playoff NFTs
"Celebrating the return to the Playoffs, the LA Kings and Crypto.com released three versions of the 2022 Playoffs digital collectible. These free NFT's, develop in partnership with Project MIDAS, celebrates the LA Kings' founding year, the year the team initially wore its heritage jersey and the current jersey. 6,000 digital collectibles will be available. The art, "a ticket to the metaverse," features the colors and logo from these three timeframes. This project represents the LA Kings & Crypto.com's first release of an NFT, allowing many fans their first digital collectible."
🤓 Wrapping it up
So what have we learned in this week's issue?
- Jerseys again. Last week we spoke about sports fashion already, with a funding round into Fancurve, this week it's LaLiga bringing jerseys from 20 clubs onto the GreenPark Sports universe. This will become a reaaaally hot topic, mark out words. We all need to look good in the Metaverse ;)
- Fantasy Sports & Betting are big in web3 as well. Last week we talked about wagering company Stakes, this week it's DraftKings following Sorare's example of going into Fantasy Sports. It will be interesting to see how big of a topic this will become compared to its already huge "non-NFT version". Good to see various players experiment in the field.
And that's it for this weeks issue! And as always: Feel free to reach out for feedback and to discuss all things NFT and sports! To stay up to date: Make sure to follow us on Instagram and Twitter for stats, drop announcements.